May 2021

Did not spark any enjoyment-★☆☆☆☆

Okay-★★☆☆☆

Entertaining-★★★☆☆

Incredible-★★★★☆

Life-Changing-★★★★★

Reading Rate: 6.4 pages

Reflection

I believe this month, I could have done much better with reading. I believe May has been long, and that gave me the opportunities to read as much books as possible. My goal for June would be to read a poetry book and fiction for at least 15 minutes per day.

The Books that I have Read this Month:

Night by Elie Wiesel(178 pages)-★★★★☆

Night

Night by Elie Wiesel creates great amount of depth and realism within the novel. Every sentence led to another, until you finally approached the last words. I loved getting to learn the first hand experience of Jews living in Germany, and viewing the harsh treatment and brutality that they faced each night in their internment camps.

This novel is about a teenage boy who is a Jew, named Eleizer. At this age him and his family is forced to leave their homes along with a multitude of Jews who live in their neighbourhood area. He splits from his mother and sister, and is left with his father to work in labour camps. Everyday is a struggle for them, and every piece of work is treacherous, as they are forced to work in poor conditions. These individuals are often made to relocate to a new internment camp, despite sometimes being poor weather, such as the snow, and weak bodies tend to topple over one another, as they match their way, with their bare feet, along the ground. Eleizer later has to deal with the fact that is father becomes ill and later dies. One thing I find admirable about this piece is the fact that he continues to stay strong and endure the circumstances that may come his way.

In conclusion, I rate this book a four out of five stars. I really found this to be an interesting read, flipping endlessly through the pages. I loved looking at things through the individuals first hand perspective.