June 2021

Did not spark any enjoyment-★☆☆☆☆

Okay-★★☆☆☆

Entertaining-★★★☆☆

Incredible-★★★★☆

Life-Changing-★★★★★

Reading Rate:  19.58 Pages/Day

Reflection

I believe that this is a successful month of reading. I believe that I’ve gained so much with the books that I have read, but still have a long way to go with enhancing my skills for reading. My hope for the summer is to touch on a whole variety of genres such as poetry, play, fiction, and non-fiction.

Books that I Have Read:

Water for Elephants by Sara Gruen(333 pages)-★★★★☆

Water for Elephants by Sara GruenWater for Elephants

This book was truly a masterpiece. It was crafted in a way that was different from so many novels that I have read in the past, and I enjoyed every bit of it with each flip of a page. This book co

nsisted of the main character Jacob Jankowski who portrays his life in two different time periods. One stage at twenty-three and another at the age of ninety where he is telling his story. I particularly loved this piece because readers don’t realize it was a story of the past, until the end. The show displays great imagery and vivid messages through the journey that Jacob goes through to make it into the circus, he gets a job, and he soon able to fall in love, and remove the love of his life away from her abusive husband. This is a great piece if you are looking for something with immense twists and turns because there is always something new to unravel.

I would rate this novel a four out of five stars. It was an extremely great read, but I did not find it to be life-changing.